Thursday 8 May 2014

I 70 roadkill

I know that it's not the kind of subject that usually makes great conversation but I am a little fascinated by the road kill on the I 70. I'm used to foxes and badgers in the UK but so far (this morning) I have passed 7 deer, countless raccoons, a coyote and even a turtle. Extraordinary and upsetting at the same time... and so strangely familiar as I pass giant roadside McDonalds signs every few miles, side by side with even larger signs proclaiming 'When I die God will look after me. Who will look after YOU?'
Makes me think, do deer and turtles get an afterlife too?

2 comments:

  1. ...I am sure that they have. Take care of you Glyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the afterlife for deer consists of steaks, sausages and burgers....notin a good way :-)

    ReplyDelete